Monday, July 18, 2011

Vacation tidbits...

Hey guys! We're back. :) I'm veeeery glad to be back. My family has been going to this cabin/a cabin up North for our family vacation for over 25 years now, but this is seriously the HOTTEST I can ever remember it being up there! It was so hot and humid that everything felt wet and sticky...ugh! Then, add a 22 month old who always wants to be held, and a very hot 2+ month old who is always nursing, and let's just say I was HOOOOT up there. :) Yikes! For real, though. I have never been more thankful for a great AC in my car and a hotel room with awesome AC. Finn and Layla did fairly well on the drives up and down. The mini DVD player always saves the day for Layla, esp. for that last hour, and having me by him makes the drive tolerable for Finn. He did scream for the last 30 minutes, but I guess I can take 30 minutes out of 3.5 hours.

Layla absolutely loved the lake. She didn't so much like being IN the lake, but she loved being up there with her two favorite people in the world--Claire and AAAAh-NA--and she loved the fact that she could go outside whenever she wanted. This is her goal in life: to leave our apartment. So, being able to just push open a screen door was heaven to her! :) Poor kid got the wrong mommy if being outside is her cup of tea....

Pictures and videos to come sometime when both kids are sleeping....the "holy grail" of mothers...

~L