I know, I know! I have stuff to post...but Jonas took my camera to work today, so Finn's 5 month pictures and Layla's 2-year-old pics will have to wait I guess. :(
This has been a very exhausting week in our house, especially for me,I think. Layla seems to be going through "something"...not sure if it's teething, sickness, a phase, or age TWO...but whatever it is is making her very moody, sad, weepy, and prone to tantrums. Fun times! Also, Finn has regressed in sleep a bit and is now up every 2-3 hours at night. It has been mentally and physically draining for me. I hate not being good at things, and not being able to really help my toddler communicate/knowing how to handle/discipline her in these stages is maybe as frustrating for me as life seem to be for her these days! Sigh. :)
Side note: My new LEAST FAVORITE thing to do is go up and down our apartment stairs with Layla. I can no longer carry her, AND Finn, AND a diaper bag, AND whatever else I need to bring...so she has to walk. Oh.MY.WORD. She loves to do the stairs on HER terms, but when I need her to come THIS way? Or go faster than she is going? Mercy. The stairs now mean usually 3 fits and countless spankings. JUST to get up to our house or to the car! It's incredible to me. It makes me not want to go ANYWHERE just so I can keep peace for a bit longer. Good times, Layla. Good times. :)
Finn turned 5 months old yesterday...and he's still as cute as can be. His skin is crazy rough and red, and it just makes me hurt to look at it! If his hands are free he is doing nothing but rubbing his face. Poor baby! :( I sure hope we can fix it for him, between my diet and medications...
Sad note: Yesterday, Finn turned 5 months old. I took Layla to the park, went to book club, and got into bed early. Yesterday, my friend Kelly's almost-5-month-old daughter Charlotte died. Kelly was due one day behind me when I was pregnant with Finn. Her daughter Charlotte had been in the hospital almost her entire life, and she just lost her fight with odds stacked too far against her. My heart has just broken for Kelly and her husband, and their daughter Elliott (who is Layla's age). Life has been frustrating for me lately...but my kids are (sometimes...) happy, healthy, and all is relatively well in our world. Kelly's world, and the world of her family, will never be the same. Would you pray for them, if you think of it? So many tears for them today.... I think of her now, every time I look at Finn.