We have a BUSY weekend planned, so we celebrated our family St. Patrick's Day last night/Friday night.
 |
| Steam rising from the best corned beef I have ever made (this only being the 3rd time, probably...) |
 |
| The progressive green dairy-free cake for the kids... |
 |
| Hey, I tried. So art was not my major. ;) |
 |
| You have to, right??? |
 |
| This was an excellent meal! Gosh I do adore crock pot meals. Thank you Renee for mine! :) I do dislike the taste of the cabbage IN the corned beef and cabbage, though, so I baked mine in the over with olive oil, salt and pepper, and some caraway seeds on top ala Martha Steward. They were fantastic, and so much better than the mushy nastyness the Irish seem to adore. |
 |
| Our garland from Erin Bennett. :) |
 |
| Each layer looked so different outside of the cake, but when they were right next to each other you can barely tell the difference between the first two and the last two! |
 |
| Finn was DONE with the meal. |
 |
| Layla was INTO the cake. :) |
 |
| Singing time after dinner...with the "Fwutes" as the kids call them. |
THEN, once we got the kids to bed, we had a new couple from church over for dessert. I didn't want to serve them the dairy-free, store-bought-crap cake that I made for the kids...especially since it's bright green...so I made the coconut cake with marshmallow frosting. It turned out lovely, although I think I'll bake the cake for a little less time next time. I like my cake moist, not fluffy.
You guys, I haven't even pictured the mint chocolate chip cookies (with Andes mint chunks in them) that I made! They are, of course, green. ;)
 |
| Ah, here they are. |