Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A "reality" day.

This morning I had a lot of things to get done.  Many errands.  That's never "delightful' with kids.  With one kid most things are manageable, with two it's trickier...so I made a rule for myself long ago:  only try to get to ONE store a day.  Amazon made this totally possible, and for the most part this rule completely works.  My kids can hold it together for one store a day, or maybe one store in the morning and one in the afternoon--with a big break in between.  

Today I broke that rule.

Oh, mercy.  Sigh.  

Here is what we did:
1.  Target
2.  Office Max
3.  The library (see video below)
4.  The doctor's office

The #1 mistake I made???
NOT strapping them in to the stroller in each and every place we went.  Lesson learned.  Freedom is not for errands time.  

I'm also bummed that the kids still don't seem to be "library age appropriate" yet.  They just want to play with stuff there, never read--but we read a lot at home!  :(  Grrrrr.  I spent a good part of my childhood in a library, and my kids WILL love this place, darn it!  They were being so bad that I had to leave the line and not get them their own library cards today.  

Stomping, screaming, kicking, hitting, throwing things...wow, we saw it all in these few short hours.  :)  Fun, fun times!! :)


So, there you have it.  A "real" blog post.  Not all roses, sunshine, and perfect lives over here!  :)