On Sunday evening, September 22nd, my whole family (other than Eric, who was detained by the Army in Kansas, and Dad, who was returning from a trip to NYC...) came over to our house to celebrate Jonas and Layla's birthdays. Mostly, it was about Layla, since we don't do presents for any adults anymore. :) But kids get presents still...and mercy did she get a lot! I was kind of overwhelmed. She was in heaven, of course.
Mom got a Pinata ala Layla's favorite thing: princesses.
She LOVED hitting it. :)
Finn kept escaping from whoever was holding him and coming in, from different angles, to take a whack at it too. He had his turns, of course, but he wanted to hit it ALL the time. :)
After the pinata had been fully knocked to the ground, Layla kept going back to it to bash on it. We might have some things to work through with her... ;)
Opening her presents seriously took about 30 minutes, so I did not tape it all. Renee had to leave early, but she had given her a cool tower of stacking boxes, all filled with great Layla treasures, so I filmed Layla opening Renee's gift. It's SIX long minutes long, so unless you are Renee you might not want to invest the time. But I wanted Renee to at least see her reactions! :)
Singing Happy Birthday: