Monday, July 9, 2018

One more week update:

The older 3 kids are at VBS this week from 8:45-12:00, and Kellan is currently sleeping, so I'm scrambling to do all the things that require TWO HANDS to do, like typing and updating the blog.  :)

We had a lovely 4th of July in Northfield at Greg and Andrea's house.  The weather was so hot and humid, despite it raining twice before we got there, so it was awesome for the kids to have this water slide to play in there.  



Finn and Henry:  two cousins equally awful at giving a natural smile on command.  



Kellan appreciated the AC in the house for his naps.




Or rather, Kellan AND Jonas appreciated the AC for THEIR naps.  :)


I mean, honestly.  They are both just so cute.  


Finn and his best friend Tomas.  











 The big kids got to go see fireworks with Papa while I stayed home and cursed out the people in our neighborhood who so love to blow things up after 11:00 p.m. 







Finn took this picture of the sandbox.  He had created an "oasis" in the desert, and wanted to keep it forever.

My kids are all just really average as far as it comes to baby pudge, and some of them have been far below average (long and lean baby Layla!), so it's fun for me to see some slight leg chunk on Kellan.  


I'm so thankful it's summer, so I can just do THIS most of the time.  September will look a bit different.  Sniff.  
 Cora is so proud of her swimming abilities and wants me to take photos of it all the time.  My philosophy is to not pay a dime for swimming lessons until the kids show me they want to do it a LOT, and they show me by trying to swim, basically...haha.  :) So, she has earned the right to get some swimming lessons, and she is so pumped.  Now I have to figure out when to fit those in...





After dinner ice cream cones with our neighbor buddy.

Just our usual summer evening on the patio...hanging out with friends.  

Right before bed

Kellan in church yesterday.  He was taking a nap in the library.


It was Christmas in July yesterday as Aunt Renee gave us all of the childhood Fisher Price toys!





I love having a baby video monitor that is NOT attached to an app on my phone.  I want to be able to see it all the time and still use my phone, or have the phone off and not draining the battery.  


This was classic Jonas.  He firmly believes he can do just about anything in life, so he's not afraid to attempt anything.  :) He watched a half a YouTube video on how to cut boy hair, then promptly tried it...haha!  It didn't feel very high risk, because at the worst we'd just give Finn a super low haircut for summer if things turned out bad.  But I was frankly surprised how *not bad* it was! ;) With a little training I'm confident Jonas can have a second career as a barber!






The shaggy *before* picture
This child has SO much hair.  He has my hair, basically.  He could use a cut every 2 weeks. No way I'm paying for that...haha!

After.  Mr. Natural Smile.  




Morning adoration of Kellan




Finn enjoying a good summer rain.

 Jonas took the older 3 to the beach on Saturday afternoon.  What a perfect day for it. 




Finn is making his own cereal.  He is VERY particular about the design and marketing strategies.  It's Super Man cereal, and on the back is a place where you can see through with Super Man's x-ray vision.  It's going to taste like pizza crusts, he says.  :)