It started last week one night around 3:45am when I ended up taking Finn to the ER.
The doctor said that whatever is going around is particularly bad this year, so we ended up picking up more medication at the pharmacy the next day. Eventually, Cora got it. Last night was particularly bad. Watching your little one hack up a lung and not really being able to do anything for them is the worst. I will say that watching Carmen Sandiego while snuggling with Papa is probably the best medicine...
Thankfully Lisa, Kellan, and Layla have not come down with the barking cough, so that's a blessing. I thought Layla got it, but she was just tired from going to Aunt Andrea's house and helping babysit for her. I don't have any pictures of that, but needless to say, Layla was thrilled to go and be a "mothers helper", and she was amazing at it. She really does have a tender heart that looks out for younger children.
Despite the sickness Lisa is having to endure from our kids, we still manage to find a little time to enjoy being outdoors. I think it's mostly due to Kellan's insistence that we spend lots of time in the backyard and going for walks.
We also celebrated Mothers Day (and a few birthdays) this past weekend with our Minnesota family. Fish tacos were the order of the day.







