Saturday, November 16, 2019

The last week:

Here is a video of Layla making Kellan laugh:

A video of Kellan riding the scooter:



The kids all wrote letters to Uncle Eric for a Veteran's Day activity...AND because we love him, of course.  :)  In fact, Kellan was just waking up from a nap as the kids were starting a YouTube tutorial on how to make their flag hearts, so I ran upstairs while yelling back down "Just try your best, I'll be back in a bit!"  I came down to all the drawings done, and colored, and their writing done in the cards.  Because of LAYLA...haha.  She's awesome. 


Haircut day!
Kellan, Cora, and Finn all got haircuts on Tuesday.  Cora just got a trim to her bob haircut, but it looks much more crisp now, especially in the back.  She ALSO requested a pink braid AND sparkles in her hair, which they were only too happy to oblige.  Finn got a normal "boy" hair cut, but also with some blue and sparkles on top.  This was Kellan's 1st haircut.  The lady asked me if I wanted to save any of his hair, to which I replied "Eeew, no, please throw it away."  Hahaha.  Man, saving hair and teeth of children is super creepy to me!😆 He didn't desperately *need* a haircut, but he is 18 months, and somewhere between 18-24 months all of my kids ended up looking crazy shaggy.  They desperately needed haircuts, but I somehow couldn't see it as their mother until looking BACK on pictures.  So I was determined to learn from my mistakes and get his hair cut as soon as it might possibly be needed.  Hence this day.  Surprisingly, he did amazingly well.  No tears at all, no protests.  He just sat there, quietly eating his sucker (which I had to replace 4 times because he kept touching it on thing with cut hair all over them), and then watching me blow bubbles.  That's it.  After having Finn throw fits for 5 years about haircuts, I feel like I deserve a Kellan type of haircut child.  Kellan even started laughing when she did the buzzer around his ears.  Jackpot!





It's hard to even see a ton of difference in him, but she did take a lot of that shaggy "baby" hair off, so that's nice, especially in the back and on the edges.  
 Homeschooling on Wednesday:

We went to the library when Kellan and Cora got way into the pretend Taqueria, and Finn made towers with baby blocks...
 As we were leaving Grandma's house today, Uncle Jon was on the lawn mower.  Kellan is obsessed with lawn mowers...which he just calls "lawn."  He got to sit on it with Uncle Jon WHILE IT WAS ON and achieved his best day yet by doing this.  










Finn:
Lately ALL the kids are WAY into making videos (educational, how-to, or just "watch us play" videos).  I generally don't do anything with them other than let them sit in the cloud, and the kids love watching themselves back later.  But here, for your general entertainment, is Finn teaching you how to make 3 different kinds of paper airplanes.  Full disclosure:  None of them work that well, he made them up all on his own...haha.  


I also got a few new packs of white board markers lately, which is like Christmas around here, so I have been finding lots of photos of drawings that need to be saved in our Google photos.  This is one Finn made, with a close up of important parts...




The Full picture
 In preschool this past Wednesday, Cora got to participate in something called "Soccer Shots."  It's a soccer learning program for 3-5 year old.  They will be coming to her school regularly to do lessons with any kids who wants to pay for them every Friday...which we we NOT be doing, haha.  Sorry, $110 for 10 lessons for 3-5 year olds is not my idea of a great value.  However, Cora is super competitive and loves to run and is a little physical, so maybe some day she can be the soccer child of the family...it will be much more my speed when it's a Community Education price...haha. 
Cora is in the pink and red dress to the left...


These are such classic preschool shots, aren't they??  Man I could not do it.   God bless those preschool teachers!  The constant moving and inability to listen well would try my patience to the utmost.  Only ONE preschooler at a time in this house, please!! :) 

Kellan enjoys a fire Finn made: