Layla took this video while reading books to Kellan. He was being SO chatty with her, but then as soon as she got out the camera he toned it down a bit.
Happy Birthday to me! I turned 40 on May 17th. It was the best birthday I have had in a long time, even without being able to be around other friends and family. I felt VERY loved and seen and cared for...so high-five to all my family and favorite people! I am SO delighted to leave my 30s behind for my 40s. Each decade of my life has been far better than the one before, so I'm glad to be here. I wouldn't mind fewer aches and pains in my body, BUT I wouldn't trade the things I've learned and the ways I've grown and changed (in almost every area of my life) for those aches and pains, so I guess we'll call it square, haha.
![]() |
| Holding Kellan on my birthday, right after his nap. He woke up on my lap while it rained and rained all around us. |
Right after we got out pool filled it rained for a solid 36 hours...and half of the posts started to sink into the VERY soggy ground. SO, we emptied half of the water out (live and learn!), put wood under the posts, and then filled it again. Kellan had a BALL being a fireman as we drained the water down our sidewalk.
![]() |
| He stood in the spot on our driveway for about 6 hours this day. |
On a walk with the kids around the lake, Jonas spotted a guy washing something off the building. Kellan was loving the REAL "firefighter" too!
![]() |
| We got 2 bike racks (1 can hold 3 bikes, 1 can hold 2 bikes) on Craigslist for $30. That is EXACTLY the amount of money I wanted to spend on that purchase, haha. |
This video is Kellan trying to close the power sliding doors of the van on Jonas.
![]() |
| The boy loves to be up in trees! |
Kellan to Jonas in this video: "Papa, stop LOUDING!" 😂😂
Just another walk down by the lake...
We finally have safe flotation devices for Kellan to use in the pool. Our first 2 were a bust.
![]() |
| His love of being naked is making me want to call him "Cora #2." |
![]() |
| Layla was generously helping Cora sort her princess legos by color while they listened to a Harry Potter audio book. |
So, big news around our house! Jonas has landed on a brilliant idea for a new hobby for himself, haha. He is going to take up and perfect the craft of Neapolitan pizza making! I fully support all endeavors towards this end, as long as my oven never has to be on...so we ALL win! This was try #1 and really, pretty darn good! Excited for the 11 lbs of special crust flour to show up on Thursday, haha. Come on, Amazon! Don't let us down! Also, many thanks to Rachel Gustafson for lending us her pizza oven. We will likely buy one sometime if this proves to be something Jonas wants to stick with, but until then, borrowed stuff is awesome.
![]() |
| The last pizza of the night |

























