Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Papa's quarantine birthday, and a few extra pics

Jonas (and Ben) turned 42 on Monday, so we had a few days-o-fun celebrating.  We went to Punch Pizza and Everest on Grand for lunch and dinner on his birthday, and that evening we watched the last Harry Potter movie in the basement as a family.  Then the next day we went to Osceola to the waterfall there and did a quick little hike to the river.  All pandemic approved activities!

Side note:  Can we just take a moment and mourn the loss of Harry Potter for our family?  Man I'm going to miss those books and movies!  We started reading the books this past school year...maybe around October of last year?  We'd read a book, watch that movie, and then continue on with the next book.  Every now and then we'd read a non-Harry Potter book, but usually we got bored with those and returned to the HP books.  They are just such great stories!  I cried many times while reading them aloud to the kids.  I looked forward to read-aloud time every day just as much as the kids did!  I'm frankly sad to think about this next school year without that level of daily story quality, but ah well.  All good things must come to an end.  It was a journey that we loved taking together as a family!  4,244 pages later, and we loved every single page.

Back to Jonas!

Here we are sitting at Punch Pizza:


When we were in Osceola, Jonas took the kids along the trail to the river ahead of us while Kellan and I stayed back.  He needed a good 10 minutes sitting at the base of the waterfall, just talking about how amazing it was and using all the words he could think of before HE was also ready to hike on.  It was pretty darn cute.  



































Kellan and I started climbing the stairs to head back up to the street way ahead of the other kids and Jonas.  I expected it to take us a long time, but man did he power right through all of those stairs!  I was impressed.  

















Uncle Eric got these Little Ranger vests for the kids year ago in the Badlands...maybe on his way home from Alaska/the Army?  Anyway, when I told the kids we were going on an adventure yesterday they all ran to grab them.  THESE are obviously adventure gear!


If any of you have not seen our basement yet I would be shocked, haha, but here is one more view for you!  I should grab that before picture and post it because it's really something else as well.  I can't wait for the trim to be up...pretty sure that is going to finish off the room so nicely! Jonas did a fantastic job with this space.




Kellan enjoying some bath and animal-lining-up time:



Cora wanted me to take these pictures last night so she could remember the time when she was 6 years old.  😂