Since the school year started I've been out of work so I've been helping out by watching the two little ones while Lisa teaching the older kids. I am not totally cut out for this line of work, but knowing that it's temporary and that I'm helping out has been enough motivation. Our new basement is also very useful as a place to watch the kids. Lisa also insisted on a big square coffee table, and I'm glad she did. It's a great place to play almost anything with the kids. Here are a few of the things we done.
Both Kellan and Cora are a huge fan of building blocks.
Here is the room overall. Great space to hang out in.
I guess I'm also in charge of doing experiments with the kids once a week. After doing one with less than dramatic results, I realized that the kids (mostly Finn) wanted something to explode or burn or smoke or something big to happen. The next week I got some dry ice to play with.
Kellan loves his pirates as well..
This was the first chemistry experiment we did. The final result wasn't as spectacular as Finn hoped it would be, so I tried to get a closer look under a microscope. -Mixed results.
One of the last things we did. Kellan wanted dinosaurs, fires, more dinosaurs, and spaceships.