It's getting nice outside and we're trying to get out every chance we get. There is still a lot going on inside though. Here are some random happenings as of late.
(by Jonas)
Kellan the pooper -because he's a cutie that has learned a ton of words lately.
Finn and Kellan have gone to creating tattoos recently. Here are a few on Kellan.
On Sunday nights we have "Sunday Night Cinema" where the kids and I watch a movie of my choosing. As part of the evening, we have popcorn during the movie and beforehand we have a nice steak. Well... we're basically out of the steak we got from the cow we purchased a while back. The kids LOVE the steak, but we just couldn't be having $40 worth of steak on a Sunday night.. EVERY week. So I figured out that Costco sells pork uber cheap. Last Sunday we had a nice pork dinner and wow -not bad. Basically I seer it with Salt/Pepper, then cover it in butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Then I take them out and add apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and honey for the sauce. Incredible. We're going to have that for a while I think -at least to mix it up a little.
Ok. I'm done.
Layla with our friend Charlotte. Look at those freckles! And it's not even summer!
Decorations for St. Patrick Day. Layla talks about what she's going to wear for EVERY occasion.
Cora had a weird bug that made her stomach hurt one night. The next day she fell asleep on the couch.
A while back (like two years ago) we had family story night where the kids and I (Mama listens) told stories by the fireplace. The reason we haven't had it in a while is that it's actually a bit of work for me. I have to think of this great story where the kids are involved and everything is amazing and entertaining. Also, there's the difficulty of listening to kids' stories non-stop for an hour straight.
Well... Finn, -would not stop asking to do it again. So we finally did it again a few weeks ago. It was actually fun listening to our kids again, though it did take a bit of energy. They tell stories in so completely different ways. I think Finn just likes entertaining and letting go with whatever comes to him. Then I told a story that was part true and part untrue, which left the kids (mostly Finn) asking which parts were which, and should they be concerned. :)
Some cupcakes. There have been lots lately in the Schaefer house.



