Monday, May 8, 2023

Joachim, Birthdays, & Spring

Spring is finally here and new things are happening.

Joachim Papst, my cousin from Germany, came to visit, and this time made it to the midwest to spend some time with the Schaefers in fly-over country.  



I would have preferred to spend more time outside, but it was still cold, so we did what we could to find interesting places to visit indoors.  I hadn't even been to some of the places we went, so it was a great excuse to go see some new sites.


Some great music from inside our Global Market.


First stop on Saturday was the Minneapolis Institute of Art.  Love this place.  The kids go to the Childrens Theater here as well.  



I love these sculptures.  I want them in my house.  I see these and think to myself:  Why don't I just do one myself.  We'll see...


Love this picture as well.  I think I might buy this print.





We also visited the Como Zoo and Conservatory.  


Of course we went to the Mall of America where the kids wondered why we didn't go there more often, and wanted to spend all there money...  -which is why we don't go there more often.

 

Joachim was great to see again and it was a great visit overall.


Now to the puppy.  He spends a lot of time in my office.  I think it's because there is a floor heater in there that keeps him nice and warm.



I will say that we lucked out with a dog that is perfectly happy falling asleep on your lap.


...But also shredding things around the house.


Spring Rainbow.  




Instead of getting a few different presents, which the kids also got so...  they got some bigger gifts this year.  Cora was DYING to have a little 2-seat car she could drive around the neighborhood.  It actually makes sense, given the amount of time she spends walking to other kids houses.  Kellan got one too, so about once or twice a day Lisa takes him for a ride around the block.


Cora loves hers and takes her friends around everywhere.  


Finn wasn't left out either.  Got a nice scooter to ride around in.  He's been making excuses to use it for little trips, like going to get someone or ride to church.  


Lastly, I got myself a wok for free on Craigslist.  I think asian cooking might be my summer hobby.  I usually pick some food for the summer, like pizza or burgers, -something to get good at.  It makes sense to do asian, as we have LOADS of local asian stores around here with good cheap ingredients.  We'll see how that all goes.