Well, another vacation is in the bank. You always want to compare them, at least I do, but really they're all different and have new things to bring to the table. Since there are so many photos, I'm not bothering to arrange them chronologically.
We stayed in a large house in a gated community on Dauphin Island, off the coast of Alabama. It was actually a really great place to relax and do nothing except enjoy the beach, the waves, (the house), and each other.
Layla and Cora holding hands on the beach is always great to see!
The house itself was one of the big winners here. Absolutely huge. We joked that our whole house could fit inside the living room.
View from the kitchen.
Finn & Kellan's sand fort.
Of course you have to have seafood.
Kellan's face. He does this on purpose. He will do the opposite of what's expected.. always. I pity his teachers.
One of just the family.
One for the books.
Looking up towards the bedrooms.
So much playing in the ocean (gulf). The kids really did have a blast. Kellan basically passed out at the end of every day.
We got the kite flying again. I love this part so much.
A little bakery we visited.
What a beauty. :)
We visited an old fort on the island.
Chess was the game of the trip. Kellan was obsessed. Loved it. Of course he is now in chess club at school. Today is his first day!
The two ladies of the family.
Two views from our bedroom.
So much chess...
Lots of playing in the living room. That was great to see, but Papa did have to have it clean a few times.
On their way to the pool
This is us on the way. Love it when there is a nice quiet sunny morning.
Lauren joined us and by all accounts had an extremely relaxing time.
Kelland loved flying the kite too. I think he just wasn't strong enough last time, but this time he really did a great job.
Cora and her beach photos. haha.
Lot's of time spent at the pool as well.
Lots' of audiobooks and some reading time for Papa. I actually spent a ton of time resting and listening to Harry Potter on the beach.
Lauren had never been to the St. Louis Arch... so of course we had to stop on the way down.
Even Layla got roped into the chess action.
We didn't get all the sunsets, but a few for sure.
Some of the mornings were spent on the beach. Listening to the waves... it almost doesn't get better.
Decent picture of me, so I had to post.
Finn flying the kite.
I think Lisa spent half the vacation in this spot.
Since we stayed in a gated community, we sometimes had the beach all to ourselves. It was kind of amazing really. Walking down a beach that is totally secluded... pretty amazing. We did go visit the public beach once, and promptly turned around and went back to ours.
All in all a nice vacation with plenty of time to relax. I expect Lisa will re-post so you might get more...