Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Friday, June 20, 2025
The start of summer
Jonas went to pick Finn up from his 100 mile bike ride trip on the last day of school...
Layla decided to go BIG on the last day of school and dressed up in a fancy dress, because that's just who she is.
This is me repping my GRS shirt, as it looks like I will be working there as a special ed teacher for 11th/12th grade next year. We shall see if I can get all the licensing stuff worked out.
Last day of school ceremony.
Layla's "Les Mis" theater group was so good they earned the aware of being at the Spotlight Showcase at the State Theater in downtown Mpls. They absolutely rocked it and got the loudest applause of the night. I tear up often when I hear them.
Layla was in tears after the performance...she said she just loves theater so much and wants to keep doing it forever.
Kellan playing baseball is hilarious and exactly what you might imagine a bunch of 7-year-olds playing a game they do not understand looks like. Exactly like that.
He is #30. He likes to hang out with the spunky #15.
Lego building one rainy, rainy afternoon.
Layla and I went to see Legally Blonde at the Ordway:
A very intense game of spoons after dinner one night.
Layla off to work on her first official day at the rec center childcare program.
Summer afternoons spent at the lake and splashpad 2 blocks from our houe.
Everyone has gotten into malts. We can't seem to get enough of them around here. I had to order malt powder from Amazon!