Thursday, April 9, 2026

Theater, Skiing, Passports, and normal winter happenings.

So here are some random things that have happened over the last few months...

Layla was in another play, not surprisingly.  The play was okay.  I forgot what the name of it was, but let's just say, they've come a long way since this one was created.  Watching Layla is always a treat, though.  So much expression!  You can tell she's loving every minute of it.



Look at that girl!  (below).  This play included a lot of dancing, which she really enjoyed as well.




Layla also had another theater-intensive day.  Here they are doing skits or something at the end.  




Finn was in a play, too.  Enough said.  



I'm of course joking about Finn's play.  He actually does get into it and always prefers when they use his writing edits.  This one was for a class at school.


I haven't been able to take the kids skiing in maybe two years, so we finally went this year.  It's just SO expensive, and the weather hasn't been great either.  But we got a day in this year, so the kids were happy.  It was just Finn and Cora this time.





We had a big snowfall late in the year, and Finn and a friend of his built this snowman.  It's looking right up at our bedroom window.  Haha.  Good times.


Here is Lisa with some work colleagues.  They love her, and she loves them.  I guess they're like the perfect team.  Lisa really likes going to work and being with these two, and I'm just really happy that she's found a place that really works for her.



We got our kids German passports and birth certificates recently.  Here are their new passport photos.  





I created another terrarium.  This one is better than the first for sure.  I have a few more containers and have tried to create a third, but it was a flop.  No good.  Making them look decent is more of a challenge than you'd think.  Hopefully, I'll do another one soon. 


Cora had a Hunger Games party, where they watched all the Hunger Games movies.  Insane.  So much for these girls.  With all the laughter and yelling I heard downstairs, I was amazed they were even trying to watch something.  Just imagine the best little girls' party you can, and you're somewhere in the vicinity of what these girls are up to during a sleepover.



Cora did her hair like the old woman in the movie, I think.  Took a lot of work.  I like, maybe Layla did this?



Lisa and I eating breakfast in bed on a typical Sunday morning.  It's sort of become our thing.