Layla has started saying the word "Hot" in the correct context...and always in a hush whisper, but very clear. Pretty cute. She also has expanded her use of "all done" to other appropriate times...like 1:00 a.m. when she would rather be out of her crib. It's very funny to hear over the monitor...for about 2 seconds. Then depression sets in with the realization that she is now awake enough to communicate well using words. :(
I see the Dr. every Thursday in March, so today was one apt. I reeeeeally thought about canceling it after getting only 4 hours of sleep last night, but what the heck. It's not like I'm likely to get any sleep for the next two years of my life anyway now, right? My sleep problems are two-fold: Layla, going CRAZY at night, and me being too uncomfortable to sleep. My back hurts almost all the time, unless I am laying down on my left side and perfectly still. You can imagine how often THAT happens around here. Then, when I DO get to be still (seems like it has to be after at least 11:00 p.m. these days...), my RLS (restless leg syndrome) kicks in and I can't fall asleep for another 2.5 hours...which is just in time to get up with Layla on her first of many night wakings. Amazing. THIS is my life, people! :P I really don't think I'll get any sleep from now on unless I can take a sleep aid (allowed by Dr., just not Layla and getting up with her at night) as SOON as Layla is down for the night. But then I'm useless too, and Jonas gets to go to work totally zonked. Sigh. There is no answer. None.
Back to the Dr. Everything is fine. The pictures they give me look less and less like a baby these days because he has less and less room, I think . I KNOW...as do my internal organs. :) I think I have my group B strep test soon, but frankly, I really don't care about the results. Being on an IV during labor is the LEAST of my concerns.
Man, Layla is in for a shock when this baby comes. I have no idea how to help her through that, especially because she's still too young to talk to her about "babies," explain stuff, etc. All she will see is someone else who will take all of Mom's time, energy, and attention away from her. So sad. :( Also, I'm kind of bummed about our whole "bottle" situation. Before she was sick for 2+ weeks she only got a bottle when sleep was directly related--none at all during the day, other than nap time. Then she got sick, stopped eating, and bottles were the only way to get any calories and liquid into her. And NOW...it's all a mess. And I don't feel like I can take the bottle away when she'll see her competition getting bottles in such a short time. It'll just be one more thing the baby gets that she doesn't get. Sigh. Love this stuff...
Can you tell it's been a real "upper" of a day??? ;)
Lisa