Monday, July 21, 2014

Babywearing month #2: my first woven wrap

If you remember, this year I'm trying out a bunch of new styles of baby wearing...and this month was my first month with a hand-woven wrap.  This time I had a size 6 Natibaby brown and cream "Astro."  I learned a wrap carry called a "front wrap cross carry," and 75% of the wrap technique for this one is very similar to wearing a baby in a Moby, so it wasn't too hard to learn--the only tricky part is learning to "tighten the rails" without the baby fully secured in it already.  It's a very "beginner" wrap to learn, but it was still fun for me.  I go tonight to return it and get a new one from the lending library, since I can't go to the next meeting.  I think this next month I'll just get another size 6 or size 5 wrap and try to master the "Kangaroo carry."  ;)  Good times, folks!  Cora is less than impressed, at time, but oh well--she needs to get over it.  She HAS to be carried, as I've got 2 other kids and only 2 hands!


A few pics I quick took yesterday so we could document this wrap:


The passes that are going under her legs here can be spread out across her back for more support/to keep her closer to me.  But I think we both prefer it where she can lean back and bit and look around more. This is a great carry for newborns and feels VERY secure and supported.  I feel like I could go for a jog with her like this and we'd both feel fine.  

Blurry because I was jumping trying to make her happy... :)