Monday, July 13, 2015

Sigh...

You guys, Cora is going THROUGH it right now.

She is majorly teething...I at first thought it was just 1 tooth, but nope, the more I feel and look in her mouth, the more I can see about 6 teeth trying to come through right now.  Just.super.slowly.and.painfully, it seems.  Poor baby! She is misery, and clingy, and needy, and crabby, and so much so that it almost seems like a joke sometimes.  Almost.  

Her prior teeth were not half as bad coming in, and you want to know my totally unscientific opinion?  I think her amber teething necklace worked for her, when she kept it on (to some extent).  I know, I know.  There is no real science that supports that they work.  I know!  And I hate that I was willing to try it anyway, but whatever...teething sucks, and I'll do anything I can to help my kids feel better, including buying into a hippie fad.  ;)  She learned to rip it off, though, so now she doesn't wear it much, if at all, and now teething is AWFUL.  Sigh.  Ah, well.  Who needs to get anything done this summer, or get dressed, or shower ever, right?  Not this lady, that's for sure.  Thanks, teeth.

*insert a transition here, because my brain is tired and just doesn't want to.*

This past weekend we went up to Bemidji to hang out with Jason and Angie Caron, and their 6 (soon to be 7!) children.  It was so nice to be around them and catch up.  The ride up was better than it could have gone for sure, but still not a delight with Cora.  She hates the car seat/not being free with a passion, so for this trip we put her in a bigger seat and faced her forward.  I know.  I KNOW!  So not safe at all, especially considering she is only 14 months, but as soon as we got home I turned it back around, so can we just pretend I never caved and did that?? ;)  It helped some I think, but it's not like it was the "cure-all fix", so I'm not sure I can justify it.  Ah, well.  It helped a bit for a long car trip...good enough, right?

Cora was crazy needy child the ENTIRE time we were up there.  Jonas and I were both there 100% of the time, and we left exhausted just from taking care of HER!  She's insane these days.  Her goal in life seems to be to end her life by climbing up on and launching herself off of anything dangerously high.  

So, I took no pictures, and our flip ran out of batteries as soon as we got there.  Therefore, here are all the pictures we have, thanks to J's phone.  :)  


Enjoying the deck after a rain.


The girls were playing Go Fish and eating popsicles.  Layla was in heaven.  

Front of their new house.

View of the back from their beach.

Beach panoramic.


Tubing thrills.

Ms. "So much sunscreen to protect that much whiteness"

They had a blast...and I was RIGHT by Cora and held her the entire time other than for this picture, Mom!
Layla went on the tube with Jonas, AND by herself, and even Finn went on with Jonas (they were both extremely scared of the thought when we started out...but Finn loved going fast on the boat, that's for sure).

Jonas caught Layla just soaking it all in through the window.  


At a rest break on our way home.  Cora was about to go insane if she spent one more minute in the car.  :)
Too bad it was 100 degrees out in the annoying town of Rice, MN, and about 95 percent humidity too...