Monday, November 16, 2015

8

As of today, Jonas and I have been married for 4,204,800 minutes!  Well, in about 2 hours we'll reach that, so just subtract a bit for the next few hours...

We decided to celebrate this past weekend, because who wants to celebrate on a Monday night?  Ugh, not us.  Mondays are gross...NOT for celebrating.  ;)

My Mom watched the kids on Saturday afternoon, after ballet for Layla (and then we brought Cora over after her nap), and we went out to eat at a place called Public Kitchen and Bar in downtown St. Paul, right across from Mears Park.  It's new, trendy, hip, great atmosphere, and very good food.

Then on Sunday (8 years deserves a two day celebration, no?) Renee and Jon took the kids after church (and Cora after her nap again) while we went for a short walk by Lake Harriet on gorgeous November day (high of 58 degrees, sunny, breezy, stunning around here!), and then went to a restaurant called Tilia in the Linden Hills neighborhood of Minneapolis.  We had some to DIE FOR food there...including this butternut squash soup that I will be dreaming of forever.  Sigh.  Then we went 2 doors down to Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream for some great stuff...I think it's been about 18 months since I had some good ice cream, so that was heavenly too.
* Side Note:  Cora took a long nap on Sunday, so Jonas and I watched a movie at home before heading out to Renee's house.  We watched "Mr. Holmes."  Oh.my.word.  It was sort of lovely, but it was the slooooooooooowest movie I think I have ever watched.  Wowza.  I was practically asleep when it was over.  I felt somehow ripped off as we watch so few movies over here, and I wanted that one to be worth the time!!  

Tonight, on our actual anniversary, we're doing the whole "kids/family" stuff...haha...and then we'll be getting take-out from our favorite restaurant, Everest on Grand, thanks to a Groupon Sue purchased for us when she was out here this summer.  Thanks, Sue!

Side note about anniversaries:  I don't expect ANYONE, ever, to remember them.  You don't need to text me, FB me, call me, or email me.  I am never offended if anyone forgets anything important about my life, other than Jonas.  ;)  You are all off the hook forever!