Sunday, November 29, 2015

Phew.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

It's been a doozy of a few weeks over here, folks.

We are juuuuust beginning to come out of the woods, so I'm getting everything back in order and up to speed (mercy...the kitchen floor...wowza), including the blog.

For the last 2 weeks we have dealt with croup for all 3 kids.  I'm not sure I have the words to express how annoyed and sad I am that croup is our "family illness."

An update:

Number of sick kids:  3

Child sick the longest:  Cora

Number of sick days: 12-13 now?  I have lost count in some respects.  Layla was the first, at least I remember that!

Number of trips to Urgent Care:  2

Number of trips to the ER:  3

Number of trips to the regular doctor:  0.  Because that costs less money, so obviously my kids only get sick at times when the ER or Urgent Care are our only options (but it wouldn't have mattered anyway...the regular DR is not equipped to help with serious breathing problems...sigh).

Child with the most trips to the ER this time:  Cora, with 2.  One last Sunday, one last Tuesday.

Child most miserable at night:  Cora

Child with most dramatic breathing problem this time around:  Finn

Child with the fastest recovery this time around:  Finn (24-48 hours for him, days and days and days and days for the girls...)

Child who won the most cute points in the ER:  tie between Finn and Cora.  Finn's hat and sweet talk to the Drs were a big hit, but Cora's smile and cheeks came up out of nowhere for the tie.

Child who wanted to milk this illness for all it was worth:  Layla.  To be fair, she WAS truly sick, hands down, and she came down with it first.  But she now clearly knows the link to illness and staying home from school, which doesn't help us much in our quest to make school her happy place in the mornings.

Child who is the worst at taking medication:  Layla

Child who is the best at taking medication:  Cora

Child who is the best at taking a nebulizer treatment:  tie between Layla and Finn

Child to FLIPS OUT over any nebulizer treatment:  Cora  (Cora hates the sound of the nebulizer machine or the humidifier.  Steam?  Steam is scary?)

Child with the worst sounding cough right now:  tie for all 3

Most expensive child this time around:  Cora, with her 2 ER visits, and also our poor baby Van, which decided to have the transmission crap out and need a totally new one 2 weeks ago.  Cora and the transmission cost us about the same amount of money in the past 2 weeks.  Mucho, mucho dinero.  So, so painful.

Amount of time we will be paying off the bills for the last 2 weeks:  about 4 years

Parent who is currently getting sick:  Lisa.  This is a no-brainer, as she is the one who has had each and every child cough directly in to her mouth, repeatedly, for the last 2 weeks.  Lisa is a fan of drugs, though, so she'll be fine.

Amount of pictures taken by Lisa in the past 2 weeks:  0 on the real camera.  I think I took a few with J's phone camera for him, though...so I'll see if I can get him to send those to me, and we'll update with something you actually want to look at or read soon!  :)