Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas in D.C., Part 6:

On our last day in D.C. it finally got a little bit cold...at least enough for light jackets and hats/mittens.  Walks were our FRIEND this trip!  So lovely.  :)


5 of the 6 cousins!!




Saying "Arrrrrrgh!" like a pirate.



Layla was singing our "swing, swing" song to Cora.  








Cuuuuuute!

I think Landon keeps looking at Finn in these, who is YELLING "Arrrrrgh!" most of the time.  :)





Sad that I wouldn't hold her hand for the 3rd time so she could talk along the tree.

Meanwhile, Ms. "I do it myself!!" out there, exploring life...








Ah, look at that.  All by herself.  Imagine that!!


And then inside for some fun...

Making a candy cane.  Aunt Laura and Aunt Patricia came with loads for the kids to do!



Big eyes!!


A little light reading for Cora.

Love.







Finn had a bit of an emotional meltdown (daily) while we were in D.C.  He is a kid of routine, and doesn't do well with lots of noise, so the trip taxed him a bit.  He spent a lot more time than normal in a room, by himself, with the iPad, just for the sake of his sanity...and ours.  ;)  Ah, to see the future for this child!  I wonder, I wonder.  :)