Thursday, July 14, 2016

Early morning adventures

This morning, at 4:00 a.m., I woke up out of a deep sleep to our alarm system going off.  As I ran down the stairs, Finn was running up, crying.  When it was turned off I went back upstairs to talk to Finn, who had unlocked and opened the back door in search of Jonas.  

(SO thankful for that alarm system right about now.  I'm not sure if Finn was fully awake at that point or not.)

Every night before bed, Finn requests prayer so he won't have bad dreams.  Early this morning, he had a bad dream.  He felt SO crushed by this.  We had prayed...why didn't it work???  You guys, he was next to me in bed talking and hashing this out in his brain for over an hour.  Around 5:00 a.m. I finally started saying "Please stop talking.  I need sleep."  I was so nice and affirming and comforting up until then...but an hour thinking through the theology of bad dreams in the middle of the night is all I can handle.  

Then Finn slept until 9:10 this morning, but I still had to get up at 6:45 with Cora.  Booooooo.  The INJUSTICE of parenting!! ;)