Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Jonas does some solo parenting:

This past Friday through Monday I went to Arizona (Tucson) to see 2 good friends.  It was a completely delightful trip for me, start to finish, and the kids had a great time at home with Jonas too.

Layla had a very hard time anticipating me leaving, and she was pretty sad the first few days, but the second two I didn't hear anything from her by phone, so I knew she was at least in a better place, if not happy.  

Poor Layla got sick pretty much as soon as I walked out the door on Friday morning, but she rebounded in less than 24 hours, so her entire time wasn't in agony.  She would have been incredibly sad to miss ballet and swimming TWO WEEKS in a row, so thankfully we avoided that and she was able to participate on Saturday morning.

Here are a few pics from J's phone from the last 5 days...I took pretty much none, either by phone or by real camera, because I wanted to truly relax, not also be trying to commemorate everything.  It worked, and was awesome.  It also makes for a far less exciting blog, so sorry about that...

Right before bed on Thursday night Layla requested they take a "to remember you by" picture with me...haha.  It made me feel a little like they felt I was going to die on the airplane or something, but I was happy to oblige.  

Finn is working on a new pose when he gets time with J's phone.



Sick Layla taking a rare nap on Friday afternoon.

Cora using that time to raid Layla's dress up box and closet...

We are BIG fans of hand-me-down dress up clothes in this house.

...and he's back.

After swimming lessons on Sat morning, searching for her perfect completion prize.


Jonas took our kids to meet Noah and Vivian (Caron) on Sunday morning.  



Cora is wearing one of Layla's shirts...a size 6/7.  Because:  3rd child.








There was lots of crafting going on at home:


Finn in full swing.