Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Sigh...

Here are the end of the school year pictures for the kids.  Cora had an official last day, but the older two?  I just stopped.  We were *so close* to being done, maybe having 2 weeks left to do, but why?  I have a new baby.  The kids aren't super motivated.  So we're done with everything other than reading these days (but the kids don't know the reading we do is still part of my mental "schooling" plans).  It was a rather anti-climactic end to the school year, I must say.  So, yay...we're doing summer now!  This is NOT how I like to end a school year, especially as I didn't get to really celebrate what the kids learned and accomplished this year, but whatever...I'm realistic enough to know that this year is an exception year:  never again will we have a 4 or 5-week-old baby to add to the mix of schooling, so this year gets a pass I guess. 




There is basically no one in the world sweeter of heart than this child.
And she's mine.  Amazing.  :)










THIS CHILD.  Mercy.  He has been giving me a legit run for my money.  He's a breeze during the day, but a beast at night.  He is 6 weeks old as of TODAY...we're you aware that 6 weeks is the peak of the "fussy" time for infants?  Well, it IS.  And man is he just destroying my nights sleep.  I often don't head to bed until after 3:00 a.m.  Am I freaking out about this long term?  No.  Child #4 here, so I know it passes, and it's normal.  Is it making me miserable short term?  Mostly yes.  I do *ok* during the day, but I'm only averaging around 5 hours of sleep a night, broken up, so that's not enough for me.  I'm a solid 9 hour girl...haha.  HA.  Things should change for the better in the next week or two, but until then, pray for my sanity. 

He acts deceptively sleepy...until 9:00 p.m. rolls around, then he doesn't want to sleep again until 3:00 a.m. 
 We got a package in the mail from Grammy a few days ago, and boy was it a hit!  Loads of goodies from Europe!  Wheeeee!  :)



Cora is so, so sweet to Kellan.  Not always gentle, but very sweet.  
Her tone of voice and the words she uses just melts my heart.  








Up on my bed the other day.  Baby feet, man.  Nothing cuter.  Too bad it was like 2:00 a.m. and bad lighting from my bedside lamp...haha.



All day, every day...