Life has been pretty good lately around the Schaefer casa! My last blog post was written when Kellan was at the HEIGHT of his cranky infant stage (6 weeks exactly). The day he turned 6 weeks he also started smiling, so that was helpful to offset the cranky stuff. And, from that point on, he has slowly been improving in all areas. He still goes to bed late, but not at least I can get to bed around midnight and not 3:00 a.m. (Not gonna lie, that was a rough few weeks) He is still cranky in the evening, but not AS cranky, etc, etc.
 |
| Kellan, when you are old enough to read this blog: I took to wearing noise-canceling earphones when holding you or even just being AROUND you at night because your crying stressed.me.out, little man. Thanks a lot. :) |
Layla had her tap recital last Friday evening. She did so well and had SO much fun this whole year. The whole family went to see her dance this time, including Kellan and Grandma and Grandpa. The day of her recital she got a haircut. Below is her hair after washing it that day, for cut reference:
 |
| Before |
 |
After!
She donated 8 inches. |
 |
| Then I asked the stylist to do THIS to her hair, because it's what she needed for her recital that night, but I have sadly never learned to french braid. Sigh. I tried it out and it did not go well, so I ended up having to pay the haircut gal $8 to do this...haha. I'll try to learn this year I think. |
I will post more pictures of her recital later...they aren't on my phone, they are on J's phone (pictures and videos) because I had Kellan at the recital, and I totally forgot to take pics of her at home. :( . Sad!
Jonas created an awesome patio for us this past weekend! It's great having a husband who knows how to fix and build stuff.
Kellan certainly prefers to be held by Mama these days, but every now and then Grandma and Papa can sneak in some time with him, if the kids haven't claimed him.
 |
| He is VERY into eye contact these days. |
 |
| Bad picture for sure, but he was sleep smiling, so I can't NOT include it!! |
 |
| I've used this Moby wrap with all 4 of my kids now. In the summer it's for sure best used in central air...haha. |
 |
| Sleeping smushed cheeks. |
 |
| Ring slings are GREAT for infants, and much cooler in the summer for outside wearing. |
We've had loads of friends over to play this week. It's been fantastic. On this day our neighbor came over with her 2 kids and stayed for 6 hours. We just sat on the patio while the kids played. SUMMER!
 |
| Summer = ice cream snack BEFORE dinner. |
 |
| But then Mama still made them eat soup for dinner... :) |
 |
| Living his best life now. |
 |
| Finn took this picture with my phone because he wanted to be sure to capture the beautiful clouds for Grandma to see later. |
 |
| She loves him so much. |
 |
| Poopy diaper. Guilty look. |
 |
| Pinky finger out, ready for tea. |
 |
| My cousin's kids came over to play. |
 |
| Pretty much nothing melts my Mama heart more than coming around the corner and seeing them reading together. |
 |
| Milk drunk |
 |
| The old bunk bed: sleeps 2 |
 |
The new bunk bed: sleeps 3! Cora lasted an hour in it last night. It'll be a learning curve for her to figure out how to NOT talk and get out of bed.
|