Saturday, December 8, 2018

A quick update


Finn and Cora made a missing sign for a toy they couldn't find.  It's some sort of pink, plastic baby.  :)

Fan of cheerios.  Can baaaaarely get them to his mouth because they are too small, though.  



She loves playing with LaLaLoopsies so much.  INTENSE play. 

So, sad news.  I gave Kellan 2 tiny bites of egg yolk yesterday.  30 minutes later he started throwing up...and basically threw up on and off up until the mid-afternoon time.  This was Layla's exact reaction to her egg allergy too...not hives, but puke.  Sigh.  So, we'll see.  I'll test again maybe at a year, and if he throws up again I guess we've got another allergy.  Bummer, though.  After Cora being so easy with food I was hoping Kellan wouldn't have any issues either.  I'm so super scared to introduce peanuts peanuts now, though...because I should do it relatively soon, but if he has siblings with allergies it's much more likely that he will 1) have allergies himself, and 2) have peanut allergies in particular.  Gah.  Having to have an epi pen nearby when feeding your baby takes aaaaaaaall the fun out of it for a parent...

p.s.  I am COVERED in baby puke in this picture.  Covered.  You can see some going down my arm there.  It was down my shirt, all over the front, the whoooooole thing.  Blech.  At least baby puke doesn't smell as bad as any other kind of puke.  


Post puke episode #1...

Finn and Layla made a snow man last weekend.  It's so cute.  They had my nice gloves on it too, but I made Jonas take them off as we live in East St. Paul, and they would have for sure been stolen overnight...ha.  His eyes and buttons are made out of frozen blackberries...can you see the juice bleeding around the edges? :) Also celery nose and baby carrot smile.  
Jonas has a bunch of vacation time to kill before the end of the year, so he's taking 1 day off a week.  This week he took off Thursday, and he went to the Children's Museum with the kids. 










Thursday was St. Nicholas day, so I read 2 books to the kids about the real man of St. Nicholas, and then we have a fun tradition where "St. Nicholas" gives the kids games on his day.  They loooove this and get so, so excited about it despite knowing for years now that Santa is not real...hahaha.

This year they got Operation (Cora), Battleship (Finn), and Simon (Layla).  Battleship and Simon are BIG hits.  They are all just awful at Operation...the nose buzzes the entire time.