Today, the wind chill was -35 degrees. And tomorrow it's going to be -50 degrees. SO, all surrounding school districts have closed, obviously, yet we are still at home able to do school no problem...haha. I gave myself a little pep talk in bed this morning: "Be flexible, Lisa. Don't try to do regular school today. Just go with the flow, you type-A crazy person." I was mostly successful. :)
 |
| We played a game about money...I remember the first time we played it they were SO BAD at it. It's helpful to see some progress, haha. |
 |
| My favorite view |
 |
| Kellan always wishes he was outside, just like his sister Cora. If he can't be outside, he at least wants to be looking outside via our big picture window in the living room. |
Kellan can roll all over the place now, and he's getting super fast at pushing himself up into a sitting position. This is making Layla SUPER anxious. She is so concerned that he is going to fall backwards and hurt himself! And he is...she's 100% right. But he can sit up so fast now that I can't focus on that too much. He'll just have to get better and not fall over so much I guess. However, this prospect...Kellan getting hurt...it's too much for Layla's little heart to handle. She was near tears at least 3 times today as he *almost* fell over. He has no idea how luck he is to have her as an older sister, that's for sure!
 |
| Kellan rolled himself around the corner from me in the living room, then pushed himself up into a sitting position in the dining room. He was baaaaaarely able to see me if he leaned forward and looked around the little wall, so we played peek-a-boo for a while. He thought this was great fun. Aunt Renee was here and able to catch some of the smiles. |