Frankly, I've been having a hard time with how FAST this summer is flying by. I'm not okay with it. So I'm taking action to slooooow things down. Meaning more time staying HOME, and having friends come see us here. Problem solved. :)
 |
| This was 1 minute after Finn's 2nd cousin, Tomas, offered to baptize him in the pool. It was awesome. :) |
 |
| The ending part of this looked painful. |
 |
| This is...not my favorite phase in development. |
 |
| Be still my heart. |
 |
| Kellan challenges Grandpa to a game. |

So. Fun story. Or, not so fun. Kellan had Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease this past week. I had NO idea what it was, because I've never seen it before...the older 3 never got it. One day his skin looks normal (with eczema), and the next day it looks like he has leprosy. No kidding. So, I took him into Urgent Care on Tuesday night to be seen, because frankly I was starting to worry he had measles. Why? Because I jump to the worse case scenarios when I am worrying about my children...haha. Kellan is due for his MMR vaccine NEXT WEEK, and it felt like it would be just like my life for him to get the disease the week before. Sigh. So, I took him in, and after a long wait in which he finally fell asleep in the room, the Dr there diagnosed him with infected eczema (and a 101.5 fever despite meds) and sent me home with a prescription for antibiotics. Antibiotics that I had to give him THREE times a day. After 5 doses of this I felt like I wanted another opinion, so I took him BACK in. A pediatrician, not an Urgent Care Dr, diagnosed him with one look: Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. By this time he was past being contagious and well on his way to healing, but now I felt bad that I had exposed many people to this nasty disease when I thought it was just an infection! Ugh. So, his skin is clearly healing now, and hopefully his throat feels better too after a week of less eating, but it's been a fun little medical ride of a week!

 |
| A perfect summer Sunday: Jonas grilling, girls on the trampoline, boys in the pool, neighborhood kids showing up to play...78 degrees, breezy, and sunny. No bugs. |
 |
Jonas spotted this double rainbow early in the week after some storms. Cue the YouTube guy... |
 |
Kellan snuggling with Elena Davis...he was sick at this point, so extra snuggly. Everyone cross your fingers with me that Elena does not get sick!! |