Thursday, August 13, 2020

August 13th:

On Thursdays we go over to Horsman's backyard so that Cora and Finn can do some play therapy with Henry and his therapist.  During this time Layla gets to have a tea party with Grandma (on opposite ends of the patio table), and Cora has been very jealous of this "special Grandma time."  Last Monday Cora got to go to Grandma's house ALL BY HERSELF to have a tea party and talking time with Grandma.  She looooved it.  

Playing with Grandma's barbies:

Opening a special tea party princess present: 



While Cora was at Grandma's house, Finn and Kellan enjoyed some doll house time on the back porch.



The general look of summer here:

Tuesday morning I took the youngest 3 down to the lake for a morning walk:




Tuesday afternoon we went for a walk around the neighborhood to check out all the blocks that are being decimated by tree removal.  Cora cried actual tears while watching and said "Why are they destroying NATURE???"  It leaves such a stark, suburban feel to an area, when all the mature trees are gone.  We are NOT fans around here.  Stupid emerald ash borers.  




This block probably had 20 beautiful old trees cut down.  





Finn found a way to be happy with all the tree stumps: posing in different poses on each stump.






This made me so mad.  Check out this nonsense I was mailed!  It was trying to get me to vote by mail (which I certainly appreciate as an option, but there is no way I'd ever risk it in this election, considering there is no depths of moral depravity the current administration will not stoop to, including election tampering) and compared me with other voters.  Um, NO.  Haha.  I have voted in every single election I have ever been eligible to vote in!  Jerks. I have never been given a below average score in anything, I think...don't they KNOW me??? 😆😂😅


Jonas took this picture.  I guess a few minutes after it was taken, Kellan pooped on the floor.  #4thchild

This is where the saga of our Covid-couch began!  Jonas got a couch on Craigslist for $50, and he is committed to this couch because he envisions falling asleep on it.  The saga is long, dramatic, and filled with tears and laughter...but it IS going to end with Jonas successful and in our pretty basement room, asleep on this couch.  So let it be written, so let it be done.


Big excitement around our house yesterday as the Bagster dumpster was picked up and taken away.