After Christmas comes the real test: a winter of staying at home during Covid.
Here are Finn and Cora getting creative. We got some balloons in a gift bag from our church. Finn had me make a sword and Cora had me make some sort of a crown. Then they put together something called: "Snazzletag" (I know I got the name wrong), but it basically involved decorations in their room, chili, and something else to eat.
Cora pulled out another tooth. What an animal!
...so of course, we had to make it into a thing with a black-eye included.
So for a while, we had something called "Old Timey Movie Night". On Sunday night the kids got to watch a movie, but it had to be something I chose... -something old-timey like Swiss Family Robinson or Mary Poppins. Well, we've watched almost every old movie I can think of and started watching movies I had absolutely no interest in watching. Here is Davie Crockett...
The kids started noticing that I was putting on a movie and then skipping out on the actual watching of the movie. Once they got wise to my plan, I had to start watching the movies I was choosing. -So old-timey movie night came to an abrupt halt. Last Sunday we started "Sunday Night's Excellent Escapades"... which was a working title until Lisa changed it to "Sunday Night Cinema". Here we are watching our first movie: Jurrasic Park. The kids really liked it, but Cora was a bit scared, mostly because the kids kept asking her if she was scared or not. I don't think she was ever that scared.
Sledding is one of the only things we can do out of the house. So there is lots of sledding. Here we are at a local hill that was billed as "steep", and the best hill around.
It was lame.
This is a hill that is about a mile from our house. Really great and perfect for the kids.
Cora, the most social kid I've ever met, has taken to ice skating recently, mostly because her two friends that live just down the street both ice skate. She loves it. Here she is skating with Corina, but her other friend's family are all hockey players and go frequently as a family. Last time they just gave her a pair of skates, and of course, she was thrilled. :)