Thursday, January 21, 2021

The first ski of 2021.

Well, it's been a little while since I've updated this...  so let's throw up some stuff from our (somewhat recent) ski trip.

We went to Wild Mountain, which has a really good deal for families with kids that homeschool.  I think it's $40 a person, which includes a lift ticket and ski rental.  So $160 for a day of skiing is REALLY good!  We went on Wednesday the 6th and showed up at 10am for skiing.  It was closed.  Turns out they open at 1pm.  So we had some time to kill.  Instead of driving an hour home and an hour back, we decided to stay in the area, find a Redbox and a McDonalds, and have breakfast and a movie.  Here is us watching a movie and waiting for the ski hill to open.


(I wanted to upload some videos, but it's taking a while, so I'm not going to bother.)

Finally, we got in and went to get our rentals.




The bunny hill was closed at first, so our first run was up on the lift.  








Due to covid, they didn't exactly encourage sitting inside to warm up.  But we found a spot.  



I was kind of pumped that we could go night skiing.  I went night skiing for most of my childhood.  I think there is something special about it, or at least to me.  We skied until 6pm - a great day of skiing!