Sunday, April 4, 2021

 This is quickly becoming my food blog.  :)  Welllll, it's my new hobby.  Last night we watched Mission: Impossible (the kids and I), and ate my latest creation of homemade meatballs and pasta.  It wasn't bad.  Finn doesn't like all the cheese so we went halfway on that.  


Oh.  And it was Lisa's idea to watch a "spy movie" with the kids.  And to be fair, I agreed with her.  -They love all that spy stuff.  That said, I still have a hard time following this movie... now imagine trying to explain the plot intricacies to a 9-year-old.  We probably stopped the movie 10 times while I tried to explain how the bad guys were actually sort of like good guys, until yes... in the end they were actually bad guys.

This was the LEFTOVER popcorn, and still, Cora is always worried she won't get enough.


I took Kellan out for a drive the other day when he was in a bad mood.  He started falling asleep in the car so we went for a walk on the beach.  


...which ended up being a walk in the woods...


This is his happy place.  It's sort of his size too.


Cora is a MONSTER.  This is her after she pulled out ANOTHER tooth.  She has done them all herself.  Afterwards, she described to us how she had to twist it to get it out because it wasn't easy coming.  


Our porch and backyard are going to be popular this summer.  Slowly but surely, all the neighbour kids are discovering that there's a house with 4 kids, a trampoline, swimming pool, sandbox, porch devoted entirely to barbies, and a mother who distributes snacks liberally.  I don't even know some of their names.


Here they are playing LIFE.  -literally.  It's the game called life.


And yes, they sometimes get to play Roblox together, where they all get ipads and log into the same world.  I'm not a huge fan of kids playing on a device when they could be out playing outside, but this is about as good as it gets when they're all doing it together.  I wonder if other dads feel their fathers judging them from a distance like I do.  :)