Day 5 was Flagstaff, AZ to San Diego, CA! 8.5 hours, I believe.
Northern AZ is really beautiful. But it's basically the only part of the state I could ever live in, haha.
Kellan was SO excited to see a cactus outside of his window. He said "a cactus forrest!!!"
We stopped for lunch in Yuma, AZ. It was 95 degrees. UUUUUUUGH. Yuma is right on the border of Mexico AND California. HARD PASS.
Just some sand dunes. You know...as you do.
A grainy picture of the border fence as we drove by. Hello, Mexico!
Heading up in the California hills, finally, aways from the boring flat land between AZ and exciting CA, haha.
And here we arrived at our Home Exchange home! I can't say enough good stuff about this house, the people who lent it to us, and the Home Exchange platform in general.
The view out their kitchen window. I mean...damn!
Their chicken, that Cora fell in love with. We may need to buy a chicken now.
After a swim we headed down to the beach in La Jolla: the mist rolled in from the Pacific right as we got there.