Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A quick update:

Sorry for the scare, Sue! I wanted to get the photos up before I forgot, and then I forgot to come back and add in any explanations or captions...


I took Layla and her friend Maya down to Cannon Falls to see their friend Sadie ride her horse in a show.  Sadie won, so that was fun to see! 
















Finn went to the MN State History Day at the Minneapolis Convention Center last Saturday.  He placed third in state!  Not bad for his first time doing this, as a 6th grader.  He has HIGH hopes for next year, haha.

 
Finn was excited that his school made mention of him in their news for three separate weeks.

Finn's birthday was Friday the 19th.  He requested Little Caesar's fancy pepperoni pizza for dinner.  Man do I love the ease of that!

On Friday of last week I went to hear Kathleen defend her dissertation as she gets her Doctorate in Germanic studies.  So fun to see all her hard work celebrated!  She graduates TODAY.




Finn enjoyed getting the Arc Reactor from Tony Stark as an early birthday present.



Layla had a presentation last Wednesday on stress management and she brought in Watson to show how dogs can help manage stress. 




Boba tea fiend:


     Layla had surgery on her ingrown toenails on April 9th and had a few weeks of sore recovery after that.







Picture day for dance:





150th anniversary celebration at church:









Layla started doing Byte aligners, which are the same as Invisialign