Monday, September 1, 2025

End of July and August

A few photos from end of July, and August.  Dan, Kathleen and Ben stayed with us from July 29th-August 29th, and Liv from Germany also stayed with us for 5 days in there too. 


We waited for Ben to be here to do the Cousin 4th of July photo, but Finn was gone so he was photoshopped in... 







National Night Out





 Kathleen missed Target SO much while they were away, haha.  This was day two! 


Kellan on the day he finished his 6 week reading camp

A family day trip up to Duluth to swim in lake Superior













At the cabin with the Horsmans...Kellan and Finn both caught fish using only a net








The happiest human on God's green earth:



This little boy and I used to spend two hours together every night when his parents slept, right after he was born.  *sniff* I miss him! 


Someone was BORN to do gymnastics.  






This is me right before I got my age 45 colonoscopy.  I signed up as SOON as I qualified.  Passing up free healthcare screenings is one of the dumbest things anyone can do.  DON'T BE THAT PERSON.  They found and removed one polyp, and guess what?  It was pre-cancerous.  Imagine if I had left that for 5 more years...or 20.  Get your mammograms and colonoscopies every time you can. Every time.  



Cora and Roz did a fun photo shoot in a flower field:














I'm going back to work full time!  Teaching 11th and 12th grade special ed at the kid's school. This is me right next to the beautiful window and my desk.  


This was our active shooter training and drill information...right before (1 day before) a shooter shot up so many kids and killed 2 at a school 30 minutes from us.  America and her love of guns, man.  So excited to be heading back into the dangerous lions den of a school. 




Lots of fun was had while Liv was visiting!  I was working most of that time, but Jonas and the kids took her around and showed her lots of fun sights.  This was Bunker Beach water park. 







Jon, Renee, Rachel and I went to see the Indigo Girls and Melissa Ethridge at the State Fair one Sunday night.  Let's face it, we all basically know only 3 Melissa Ethridge songs, so we were mostly there for the Indigo Girls, and it was an amazing concert and perfect weather.  



This sunset was amazing:



































Jonas turned 47 so we went out to eat at Martina for brunch.  Mercy.  Good food!




Layla getting one last swim in before the pool was draining




Last day of summer swimming with Watson at the lake




Finn went to a MN Lynx game tonight and got to go down on the court and shoot a free throw.