Monday, December 8, 2025

The beginning of winter

Alright.  This is going to be a quick one just to make the Grandma's happy.  Mostly because I'm in a 3-hour meeting and need something to distract me.  

We had some crazy aurora borealis happening this autumn.  



Layla and a friend went to The Phantom of the Opera.  I think costumes were a big part of this thing.  Come to think of it, for Layla, costumes are a big part of just about everything.






I mean... if going to the theater is any indication of "culture", we're not doing too bad.



On to Thanksgiving.  This year, I was given the job of doing the turkey.  I was just a little worried, because my last turkey was dry and.. crappy.

This year, I did just about everything I could think of to fix that, including injecting butter directly into the turkey.


I guess it turned out pretty good.




This is where the kids have recess.  

Here is Lisa's view of the kids...



...and here is the kids' view of Lisa:





Sunday was just great.  Kellan HAD to go to the science museum because...  Lisa (in passing) happened to say that she gets a teacher discount.  So Lisa -you have no one to blame but yourself.



Some guy was in a dinosaur suit, so naturally Kellan threw a ball at him.


Okay, someone actually asked him to.


So yeah.. on a sunny winter day, we gathered the whole family and went to the Science Museum.  We left around 10ish and got back around 1pm, which gives us most of the day to spend at home.  Spending a Sunday morning eating a nice breakfast and doing something with the family is about as good as it gets.