Grandma, watching in the back as Grandpa gives the last sermon as pastor for 18 years of CCC:
Grandpa giving the last sermon ("Mary, Marth and Jesus: Who WAS Mary talking with?"):
Fun with Grandpa after Aunt Renee's awesome (as usual) slideshow:
Jonas and Layla and I went to CCC today for the final service. We technically merged with them last week, but this was their celebration and looking back week...the "closure" service. It was great to be there and see everyone, and after all, I DID go there for 25 years! Well, actually, I went to CCC for 15 years, but Dad was my pastor for 25 years. (-:
Next week we will see most of those people at SPF, but this was the end of a great era for CCC. I loved the ending of Homer's "Odyssey" that Dad included in his last Pastoral Focus note in the bulletin:
Come my friends
Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all western stars, until I die...
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, but that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.