Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finn's first words:

I'm pretty sure we have a tie for Finn's first words.

"Mamamamamamamama" and "Nononononononononononononono."

"Mama" usually comes with him being sad, crawling for me, and then getting up on his knees and bouncing while he holds his arms out to me.

"Nonononono" is usually directed at Layla, OR when I'm trying to feed him something he does not want as he furiously shakes his head back and forth.  (And it often sounds more like "Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh!")

Again, so interesting to compare my two kiddos:  Finn's first words seem very "traditional"...but maybe that's because Layla's first phrases were "All done" and "tickle tickle."  :)  I also think that Layla is the CAUSE of Finn's first words.  Finn hears me telling Layla NO all the time, and he gets it quite often himself, since he is so much more of an explorer/climber than his sister was at this age.  Also, Layla didn't call me Mama for a long time...I think it was even after Finn was born!!...because she never heard anyone call me that, other than Jonas every now and then.  I think Finn hears Mama a LOT more than Layla did.  In fact, I know it.  Oh yes, I know it...

And he's walking more and more every day, on his OWN.  So stinkin' cute to see him pop up into my line of vision from under the table, flash a big ol' gin, and then try to take off.  :)

Finn's favorite places to be these days??
1.  Inside the fridge, climbing the shelves.
2.  On top of the dishwasher door, shoving the racks in and out.