Sunday, May 13, 2012

From Friday morning: At the Doctor

I can't remember if I wrote about this yet, but if you haven't picked it up from Facebook, Finn had been having a very rough few days!  From Tuesday through Thursday of last week he was just clingy, crabby, crying way more than normal, etc.  On Friday morning he LOST it and cried for about 2 straight hours.  That's when I called the doctor and got him in that morning.  Of course, when I'm taking this video here he seems totally happy, but if we had been HOME he would have been a mess.  :)  

Turns out he has a double ear infection...poor baby!  He's never been officially sick with anything in his life, and he made it to over a year, so that's pretty good (although Layla made it to 15 months Finn...sorry if you were competing with her...).  He's now on antibiotics, but I don't think it's a bacterial infection since he'd likely be better by now.  His fever is finally down (he's been SO hot for days!!!), but I don't think he's feeling better yet. He just looks miserable half the time.  My poor, sweet boy...


Side note:  Layla was SO sweet to Finn at the Doctor's office.  While they were checking him she kept wanting to be RIGHT THERE, in between me and the doctor, and saying things like "Oooooooh, is okay baby Sin, is okay, is aaaaaaall better, all done now, all done....is okay baby Sin..."  She would pat his arm, rub his side, etc.  Just sweetness.  

Then we got home and she shoved him over.  Ah, yes.  There it is.  We're baaaack!  :)

Also, at almost 13 months Finn is just 20 lbs, 6.5 ounces.  Sigh.  He was doing so WELL up until 6 months, but then each visit after that he just fell and fell in the stats.  His head is still huge, of course, but he's now in the 15th% for most things, I think.  Plus, since he started walking he looks so skinny to me!  Maybe it's also that's it's warmer now, so he goes around in just shorts or a onesie and I can see his little legs better than if he had a sleeper or pants on.  My sad, sick, skinny little boy... ;)