Today...the house is a mess, and I can't seem to get motivated to clean it. :) While this is not "new," per say, it IS today...
...it's been snowing all morning long. I simply can not convey to you the level of depression this brings about. Especially after our heavenly year last year.
...I managed to get Claire and Anja off to school on time this morning,despite the snow and ice, but I did not manage to catch the fact that Anja left her very important folder here, and Claire left her tennis shoes here. So, what, I'm maybe a 50/50 aunt today? ;) (For those that don't know, Claire and Anja are staying with us Tuesday-Sunday while Renee and Jon are in Ohio with Henry for the ARC Conference).
...Layla is in an especially cute mood/stage of life. Her "stuff" is everywhere. I open the pantry door--and there is "puppy," sitting next to the peanut butter. Toys are in the wine racks. 3 different water drinks are stacked on the book shelf. All her favorite Dora figurines are lined up on top of her wooden doll house. Her 3 purses, 2 pairs of plastic pink shoes, jewelry box, and a few stuffed animals were lined up in front of her door for rest time...and the list could go on. She is just into observing, categorizing, and keeping tabs on her "stuff" these days. I love when I find it unexpectedly. :) The crazy thing is she can remember WHERE she put things, which is really very helpful for me when she's looking for "baby" at 3:00 a.m.
...is the opposite of yesterday. Yesterday was productive. Man oh man, where is my motivation today? Yesterday we dropped Claire and Anja off at school, went to the grocery store, came home and did dishes and laundry, ate lunch, went to the Children's Museum, came home and did rest time, made dinner, etc. Today? Well, so far we've gotten Claire and Anja off to school...and had toast for breakfast. Don't rush me, don't rush me!!! ;)
...Finn is in a "new words" phase of life. He's SO chatty! I can't believe he's not even 2 yet! I feel like Layla really only started to use understandable words around when she turned 2. Finn is a unique second child, I feel...but what do I know? He's not like ME, that's for sure. :)
...I am dreaming of California. Sigh.