Sorry for my absence here on the blog! It hasn't been intentional, but I haven't been great about getting any good photos or videos lately either, and then writing just words always seems...meh...to me. ;)
I've been watching Zoey Rydbeck (our good friends who used to live 1 block from us, then moved to Seattle? They come to town often, and I watch their daughter while they work) since last Thursday, and then I also had Henry here on Friday morning and Monday morning, so my days have been FULL with lots of little ones 3 and under. It's going very well, but they all want the same things at the same times, being the same ages, so I am constantly "on duty."
I just want to say this: the day came. Today, as it happened yesterday, I am writing this post while Zoey is sleeping in the toy room, Layla is taking rest time in her room, and Finn is watching a DVD in his crib. ALL 3 children are in separate rooms, "resting" at the same time, and I'm free. FREE. I could do ANYTHING right now!! (Well, okay, almost, but you get the idea...)
This is GREAT. This is so great for me. I can read during this time. I can exercise during this time. I can cook during this time! Wheeeeeeeee!
Life with kids who change, mature, and grow up? Awesome. Just awesome. :) Not that I wish away the younger times, but man I'm not hating the older times either!
Lisa