Friday, May 10, 2013

*Yawn*

We have never recovered from Daylight Savings.

My kids are on a trend of getting up earlier and earlier.  Today Finn got up at 4:45, and Layla got up at 6:15.

Of course, when Finn gets up that early it's usually because he's itching or something, so he's CRANKY on top of getting up early and losing sleep.

4:45.  Yeesh.  Now, granted, they both "slept through the night."  I do have very, very vivid memories (nightmares, really...) of those infant stages still--because for me they lasted for years.  :)  So, I get it.  It's not quite the same.  But I've learned everything is relative.  What is "tired" now wasn't "tired" then--it was "rested" then.  :)

My kids were asleep in bed by 6:56 p.m. last night.  Awesome, right???  Yes--IF I had gone to bed at that same time, too!!! Alas, I did not.

Live and Learn.  Tonight, bedtime by 8:30 sharp.

*yaaawn*