This is how I've been spending a lot of my time lately: singing "Yo Ho, Mateys, Away!" from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Every since Netflix gave up the license for Dora/Diego but adopted more Disney stuff, my kids have been HOOKED. It's a rare TV show that they both enjoy...at the SAME time. Gasp!
Finn is especially enamored. He spends HOURS (no joke) doing this small little circuit of the chairs (up on one, straddle them both, jump down, run around and do it again) while he sings the song the characters sing as they are going to solve problems. However, if I'm around, he'd much prefer ME to sing. So, that's what you get below.
This video is from last night. Finn recently woke up from a random nap, so he's emotional, and Layla hadn't eaten well all day--so she's in food meltdown. :) Wheeeeeee! As I'm singing you can hear find do his "Let's GO!" part right after I sing the first sentence. He does it every time, with total heart, and often with a fist pump too. Layla freaked out because I wanted to finish singing the song so I gave her the "Wait one minute" hand sign. End.of.her.world. *eye roll* :) Finn also loves to sing the "and meeeeeeeeeeeee" part at the end of the song. Watch for that in both. :)
* You can also hear that in this video I didn't have the lyrics memorized correctly. I NOW know that it is "There'll be TREASURE and adventure today!" but I was trying, darn it. ;)
This video is from this morning--hence the PJs still on. He was awake and wanting to be outside by 6:45. It's just too EARLY to be outside then! He was in his PJs, old rain boots (because they fit over PJ feet), and his heavy winter coat because it's COLD here this morning! I swear I'm never going to be able to plant garden plants!!