So, I had a Dr. appointment today, and everything is fine. It was just an OB check, a RARE occurrence for me, so I was in and out of there in 30 minutes. CRAZY!
I got a little talking-to while I was there about being "underweight" for this pregnancy. Hahahahaha! Oh, mercy. I guess I've only gained 9 lbs so far, and the Drs think it's just something we need to keep an eye on.
Come ON! :) With each of my 5 pregnancies I have started the pregnancy weighing MORE than before I was pregnant...EACH.TIME. So, me gaining "not much weight" just means that I'll likely end up at the exact same final weight as with each previous pregnancy. I'm pretty convinced by body just has a weight it wants to be when I'm pregnant, and it'll do whatever it takes to get me there. I'm not doing anything--seriously--to not gain weight. I don't do any sort of serious or regular exercise these days, and I'm not "watching what I eat." I eat what I want, it's just that I can't ever eat very much in one sitting, and who has the time to make food more than a few times a day, right?? It's not like I'm going hungry or anything! :)
Maybe my craving for celery and hummus in the first trimester, or my total craving for 3 oranges a day in the 2nd trimester had something to do with it? Who knows.
In any case, this made me laugh as it's something I never thought I'd hear in my life: "We're concerned you're a tad underweight for this pregnancy." *snort* Plus, there is no worry at all about the baby's growth as she was in the 64th% for weight last time they measured her--she's bigger than either of my other two were at this point!
Now that I've written this post I'm sure that Karma will come zap me, and I'll gain 20+ lbs or something in the 3rd trimester... ;)