Saturday, February 8, 2014

Radio silence.

Sorry for the lack of presence here!

The last 8 days (February 1st-8th) have been crazy busy for us, at least according to our normal life standards.  It's been people people people, and activities activities activities, and late nights late nights late night...and not much time for blog updates in there.  :)

Tomorrow, we have blocked out the whole day for NOTHING.  We "might" make it to church, because we love it, but then again...nothing might win out.

A few highlights:

Sunday night we let the kids stay up a bit later than normal so they could be awake when the Rydbecks got here (they stayed from Sunday-Friday of this week).  The kids were SO excited to see Zoey!  We watched the Super Bowl, and there is no one we are more compatible to watch football with than the Rydbecks--you could likely not find two couples who care less about the entire sport than us all, and the Rydbecks are even currently LIVING in Seattle!  We enjoyed the half time show, the commercials, and one team getting royally crushed by another.  Whoop-de-doo, sportsing! ;)  Now the Olympics?  That's an entirely different ballgame for me.  I'll watch anything there, and I'll likely cry at some point during every single event too.

Monday night we stayed up late doing the fire / wine and cheese / catching up thing with the Rydbecks.

Tuesday night I went to my first professional hockey game.  It was much more fun than I had anticipated.  :) The club level seating probably helped with that...along with the exceptionally polite and quite MN fans.

Wednesday night we went out to eat at our favorite restaurant in St. Paul, Everest on Grand, with the Rydbecks from Seattle.  Rachael's work was paying for us to go out, so it was even more fun to eat when you know someone else with much deeper pockets than your own is picking up the tab.  Delicious, delicious food, as always.

**Oh, I forgot to add that on Wednesday I had my 28 week appointment, and I took my glucose test.  I have always passed it in the past, so I'm not sure why I was so worried this time around, but I was.  Turns out everything is fine, I pass with no problems, so no gestational diabetes for me.  :)

Thursday night we had our whole Life Group from church (and the Rydbecks) over for a birthday party / Olympics party.  We ate well, and laughed often.

Last night I had a bunch of women from church over to watch the opening ceremonies with me.  Once a month, on the first Friday of each month, someone hosts a gathering of women from church at their house.  Yesterday was my chosen night...I just forgot how buys the week leading up to that was going to be!  It was still a delightful time with women I very much enjoy.  And, oh, the food...again!

Today Jonas is at a leader's meeting at church, and tonight my whole family is coming over here (including Greg and Andrea, up from Rochester) to do St. Lucia.  Layla is SO excited to wear the dress Anja wore in Greg and Andrea's wedding to this event.  Pictures will for sure come soon of this event, but maybe more from Renee on FB--stay tuned there for those.