Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baby wearing month #1: The Ring Sling


As you can see, Cora and I are already comfortable with the Moby wrap.  However, this year I'm going to try to learn a bunch of other wraps to broaden my "wrapping horizons."  Don't get me wrong, I love the Moby, but I want to know MORE! :)

So, last Saturday Cora and I went to a 9:00 a.m. (ouch...) meeting of the Twin Cities "Baby Wearing International" group.  It was pretty fun.  These ladies have an entire culture they have created, that's for sure!  This month I chose an easy wrap--the easiest step up from a Moby, I think.  It's a Natibaby woven ring sling.  I'm still learning their "language"--boy am I still learning it.  I don't understand HALF of what they say on FB, but I'll get there.  I am learning that fabric does make a lot of difference--you can get a ring sling for $20, and a ring sling for $300, and there is an actual reason the prices are so different.  I'm glad I have this group to help me learn all of this...for $30 a year, with no trial-and-error purchases on my part.  :)

Anyway, here is Cora in a ring sling today.  She was cranky when I took the pictures, so they aren't the best, but you get the general idea.  She is actually not in the sling totally "correct"--you shouldn't be able to see the bottom part of the sling, it should be tucked up under her butt, but again...she was mad and ready to eat.  



Trying to get an angle...

MAD little girl.