Today was Layla's last day of preschool. She really LOVED this year there and adored her teachers (below). She'll be going back there next year too, Tuesday and Thursdays, unless by some small chance she gets into a montessori preschool near us--it would be free, but meeting more days per week, so we'll see if I'm okay with that. It's a slim chance anyway.
 |
| Layla and Mrs. Webber, the assistant |
 |
Layla and Mrs. Nelson, and her friend Gretta.
One reason why I love Mrs. Nelson: I asked if I could take a picture with her and Layla, and Gretta didn't quite get what was going on and came along for the picture. Mrs. Nelson didn't ask her to step out of the picture--she valued the little girl's feelings way above my photo shoot. Love it. :) I took that picture gladly, AND didn't ask to take another one. We will miss Mrs. Nelson!
|
 |
| Layla picked these flowers for me when they were outside playing. :) I LOVE getting flower bouquets from her. |
 |
| Showing me her "fossil" and her flowers.... |
 |
| Her picture is above her left shoulder. Check out her LEG!!! Where did she learn to POSE like that??? |
 |
| Her picture is above her head. |
 |
| Eating a snack with some friends. |
 |
| Singing a few songs for the parents, before leaving. |
 |
| And the ARM pose!!! Whaaaaaat?? :) Getting her certificate. |
 |
| Big eyes. |
 |
| This little girl is Evey, Layla's BFF this year. |
As we were walking out Layla ran up to Mrs. Nelson and gave her a big hug, and I started to tear up!! I mean, I know my body is all crazy hormonal still, but really...so sweet. I'm so thankful this was such a great year for her.