Sunday afternoon Jonas took Layla ice skating for the first time at the Roseville Ice Arena. Good thing it was inside, too, because it was make-you-weep-like-a-baby-cold here on Sunday!
He said she did well for her first time--didn't even fall once, but that was most likely due to her timidity rather than her natural talent. ;) But, she had FUN, and she accomplished a dream, so I'm a happy Mama. Jonas will likely take her a few other times this winter and see if she shows any real interest in it.
We were going to all go as a family, and maybe have Finn join in too while Cora and I watched/took pictures from the sidelines, but I thought it might be a better idea for this to be a special Daddy/Daughter time. Finn often goes to Home Depot, etc. with Jonas alone, but Layla rarely does. I'm so glad they had this special, fun time together!! :)
| Still in her church clothes. Love her! |
| They went to Granite City Brewery after for some food...Layla told Jonas she was pretty hungry. :) |