Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Miss Cora

This baby has absolutely STOLEN my heart.  

Lately she's had a harder time napping, so sometimes she'll wake up 30 minutes after I put her down, and then I'll hold her and rock her for the rest of her nap.  I absolutely treasure those times...holding a sleeping baby, or watching a sleeping baby, has to rank right up there with my most favorite things to do in the whole wide world.  :)


Yesterday Cora had two very bad naps--like 20 minutes each, and she woke up crying from the last one.  This is VERY unusual for her, and I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong until I felt in her mouth...and sure enough.  There it was...the sharp edge of a tooth poking through, with #2 not far behind at all.  

My baby is growing up!!! :( I almost cried when I felt that tooth.  Noooooooo, Cora!  Stay this age forever!

I guess I don't really feel that way, but what I do know is that I have enjoyed her infancy to the maximum degree possible.  I love Layla dearly, but I did not enjoy her infancy at all...and only minimally as a baby.  Finn was a dream baby compared to Layla, but she was still so hard that I didn't have the mental energy to spend on enjoying him, and noticing him.  Cora has been a dream, and I've just treasured every moment of this time in her life, this time that was hard for me for the other two.

Loving my baby these days.  :)  As I type this she is sitting in her high chair, feeding herself baked carrots and sweet potatoes.  STOP IT!  Stop growing up already!  Enough.  :)